For personalized assistance please Contact Us for free loan consultation and referral.
We will help you find the right loan at the best rate to perfectly suit your needs.
HOUSING AFFORDABILITY FUND- Grant and Mortgage Assistance
Click here for Housing Affordability Fund Grant and Financing Assistance
Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program, authorized by Congress in the Tax Reform Act of 1984, provides financial assistance to “First time homebuyers” for the purchase of new or existing single-family home. In 1985, the State adopted legislation authorizing local agencies, such as Contra Costa County, to make Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCCs) available in California. Contra Costa County MCC authority can be used in all cities as well as the unincorporated areas of the County. The Contra Costa County Community Development Department will administer the program.
What is an MCC?
The MCC Program is a homebuyer assistance program. The MCC provides qualified first time homebuyers with a federal income tax credit. Income tax credits reduce an individual’s tax payment(s) by an amount equal to the credit. Under the MCC program, the maximum tax credit available is equal to 20 percent of the annual interest paid on the borrower’s mortgage. By reducing the borrower’s federal tax liability, the tax credit essentially provides additional income which can be used for mortgage payments.
Helen Ehling Executive Loan Officer
Mobile: (925) 400-3691
Helen has over 15 Years Experience in the Mortgage Industry
– Dealing daily with confidential and sensitive client information
– Adhere to federal and state laws (RESPA, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Consumer Protection Act)
– Being another source of knowledge and be readily available for loan agents in structuring loans
– Able to take initiative in problem solving quickly and efficiently and to prioritizing workload
– Working under pressure and deadlines in order to meet contract and expiration dates
– Full understanding of market changes that have effect on clients rates and fees
– Writing explanation and cover letters for each file to better illustrate their ability to buy/refinance
– Able to use all the online resources and software with ease
– Weekly update of client database for marketing e-mail blasts
– Fully trained a short-term assistant by utilizing the company’s online technology and resources
– Collaborate on problem solving quickly and efficiently